Waiting on Wednesday #237 - Been Here All Along, Empire of Storms & Nemesis

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Sandy Hall 
Release Date: August 30, 2016
Published by: Swoon Reads

Gideon always has a plan. His plans include running for class president, becoming head o the yearbook committee, and having his choice of colleges. They do NOT include falling head over heels for his best friend and next door neighbor, Kyle. It's a distraction. It's pointless, as Kyle is already dating the gorgeous and popular head cheerleader, Ruby. And Gideon doesn't know what to do.

Kyle finally feels like he has a handle on life. He has a wonderful girlfriend, a best friend willing to debate the finer points of Lord of the Rings, and social acceptance as captain of the basketball team. Then, both Ruby and Gideon start acting really weird, just as his spot on the team is threatened, and Kyle can't quite figure out what he did wrong... (Summary from Goodreads)

Aww, doesn't this sound sweet and fun? I love a best friends to more story and this one sounds like just the ticket.


(Nemesis, Book 1)
Author: Anna Banks 
Release Date: October 4, 2016 
Published by: Feiwel&Friends

The princess didn't expect to fall in love -- with her nemesis.

Princess Sepora of Serubel is the last Forger in all the five kingdoms. The spectorium she creates provides energy for all, but now her father has found a way to weaponize it, and his intentions to incite war force her to flee from his grasp. She escapes across enemy lines into the kingdom of Theoria, but her plans to hide are thwarted when she is captured and placed in the young king's servitude.

Tarik has just taken over rulership of Theoria, and must now face a new plague sweeping through his kingdom and killing his citizens. The last thing he needs is a troublesome servant vying for his attention. But mistress Sepora will not be ignored. When the two finally meet face-to-face, they form an unlikely bond that complicates life in ways neither of them could have imagined.

Sepora's gift could save Tarik's kingdom from the Quiet Plague. But should she trust her growing feelings for her nemesis, or should she hide her gifts at all costs? (Summary from Goodreads)

This one I was lucky enough to get as an ARC and it was AMAZING!! I will put that review up soon now that we're closer to October now. But let me just say that it is a #MUSTBUY!

Author: Sarah Maas 
Release Date: September 6, 2016 
Published by: Bloomsbury USA

The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic finds themselves at odds with those who don't.

As the kingdom of Erilea fractures around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear.

Aelin's journey from assassin to queen has entranced millions across the globe, and this fifth installment will leave fans breathless. Will Aelin succeed in keeping her world from splintering, or will it all come crashing down? (Summary from Goodreads)

OMG!! I don't think anyone still needs to know this but THESE BOOKS ARE IT! That's right, IT!!! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I do want to read the Thrones of Glass books as I've heard so many good things. I'm glad she's on book 5 already, that way I can binge these when I finally get to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are very well written as are her other books. I doubt you would be disappointed. I intend on rereading them as a whole when she's done with the series for sure.

      Delete
  2. Been here all along and Nemesis are getting such love on book blogs! Definitely great, original reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been Here All Along is new to me but sounds like one I would like to read. I'll have to check out the other two books, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been Here All Along is new to me but sounds like one I would like to read. I'm always up for queer books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I'm super excited for Empire of Storms too! I can't wait and I can't focus on any other books because of it so I'm just re-reading the series starting from Throne of Glass right now :)
    Nemesis is on my TBR too and I didn't know about Been Here All Along but it sounds super cute so I'm definitely adding it to my TBR now too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment