Review: Throne of Glass, books 1-3

Book 3: Heir of Fire 

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Published by: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Celaena is a survivor. She has survived a massacre of her people, training into an assassin, the horrors of a slave death camp, a competition to the death and she is still fighting. The question is...who is she fighting for at this point? Herself? Love? Her country? Her people? Or is she done fighting?

My thoughts: I flew right through all 3 of these books! WOW! This world, these people, this war...just...WOW! It made me feel as if nothing else existed around me. Everything just disappeared and only my reading faster and faster mattered. THAT is exactly what makes a book AMAZING in my opinion which is exactly what this book was.

The main character of Celaena is one of so many, many layers that had to be unwrapped from her tragedy and horrors that had been done to her in her short life. It made me think of the things that others have to deal with in their own countries and lives that we cannot even really imagine because we do not live it. She is an incredibly strong character/person. I just adored her strength and her determination. 

There are so many other characters in this series so far who are fantastic and written so well. From her friends to her enemies who are written with such evil that you truly want to climb into the books and destroy them yourself! That reminds me, the world itself that Celaena lives in is fantastic and horrifying in turns. Again, it's all just so vivid because of Maas's writing. 

Final thoughts: I knew by the time I was close to the end of book 3 that there was NO way that she was going to be able to wrap up all that needed to happen so...I CANNOT WAIT FOR BOOK 4 & 5!!! If you haven't tried this series you have GOT to give it a chance. I promise that you will be sucked right into it from beginning to end.

Comments

  1. Great Review:) Granted I have only read the 1st book till now, but i can definitely share the sentiments, the story sucks you right in and thats what i liked about it.

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment