Waiting on Wednesday #158 - The Last Time We Say Goodbye & The Wicked Will Rise

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Cynthia Hand 
Release Date: February 10, 2015
Published by: HarperTeen

There's death all around us.
We just don't pay attention.
Until we do.

The last time Lex was happy, it was before. When she had a family that was whole. A boyfriend she loved. Friends who didn't look at her like she might break down at any moment.

Now she's just the girl whose brother killed himself. And it feels like that's all she'll ever be.

As Lex starts to put her life back together, she tries to block out what happened the night Tyler died. But there's a secret she hasn't told anyone - a text Tyler sent, that could have changed everything.

Lex's brother is gone. But Lex is about to discover that a ghost doesn't have to be real to keep you from moving on. (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds like it will be painful in spirit to read but worth it since Hand's writing is usually amazing, and I hope there is some redemptive lesson to go along with it. 


Author: Danielle Paige
Release Date: March 31, 2015
Published by: HarperTeen

To make Oz a free land again, Amy Gumm was given a mission: remove the Tin Woodman's heart, steal the Scarecrow's brain, take the Lion's courage, and then Dorothy must die...

Dorothy still lives. Now the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked has vanished, and mysterious Princess Ozma might be Amy's only ally. As Amy learns the truth about her mission, she realizes that she's only just scratched the surface of Oz's past--and that Kansas, the home she couldn't wait to leave behind, may also be in danger. In a place where the line between good and evil shifts with just a strong gust of wind, who can Amy trust--and who is really Wicked? (Summary from Goodreads)

The first book in this series was edgy and the main character was a fantastic butt-kicking gal! I cannot wait to get my hands on this one and find out what happens with these AWESOME characters!

Check out my review of...
Book 1, Dorothy Must Die


What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Both great picks :]

    The Last Time We Say Goodbye, that cover makes me want to read it ASAP!

    The Wicked Will Rise, i read the first one recently and i need to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wicked will rise sounds amazing! I hope you like it.
    My WAITING ON WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, The Last Time We Say Goodbye was so heart wrenching, but it's such a beautiful read! It made me love Cynthia Hand even more! I've yet to read Dorothy Must Die but The Wicked Will Rise sounds amazing. Great picks!

    Here's my WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want The Wicked Will Rise so bad! The bookstore I work at part time got the first one as an ARC, and I've got them on the lookout to grab the second one if we get the ARC, and give it right to me!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two excellent choices. I hope that you love the both of them when they come out.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment