Review: Corrupted by A.D. Croucher

Corrupted 
Author: A.D. Croucher
Series: Altered Sequence, Book 2
Release date: November 20, 2014
Published by: Self Pub.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Now that Reese and Erika are on the run from Pro Gen & Wilcox, they are determined to get away and never go back again. They need to find Reese's dad and find him fast before anyone else finds them first. Especially after what Reese saw, the black liquid, and what happened to Joanna and Lion.

My thoughts: This was just as fast-paced, and action-packed as book 1, which is what I absolutely LOVED about book 1! I also really like that even though it's all this action and adventure, there's also funny like in the very beginning when they are still actively running from Wilcox and in the woods and the robot is launched at them...


Blue beams erupt outwards from the sphere, sweeping in all directions as it glides forward.
"Fantastic," I blurt out. "A robot. Because our lives weren't sci-fi enough."

That part makes me giggle every time! Reece cracks me up constantly. These characters are just great! You get so dang connected and invested in them that when something happens to them you are just broken! Now that to me means that there is some darn good writing happening to be able to suck you in like that. I was surprised by the twist in the relationship between Erika and Reece at the beginning of this one. They just seem so darn different from each other and I wasn't expecting that at all. 

New characters: We meet some new, and very interesting characters in this book. Ethan and Ben are two that we meet early on and they prove quickly that Reece and the gang were NOT the only ones experimented on. Except, things did not work out well for them and now Reece and Erika need to figure out who to trust and what to do next. This all also adds an element of mystery involving trying to figure out how Reece's father is involved in everything, and what Equinox is and it is wrapped up in all of this as well. 

Final thoughts: I am SO glad I was given this to read from the authors because I LOVED it! If you like mad-scientist/super hero type books with lots of action and adventure then these books are for you! You laugh, cry and sit on the edge of your seat! What else could you ask for in a book!? 

Check out my review of Book 1:
Altered, Book 1 

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of or seen this series around but I took a quick peep on goodreads and the first book is getting quite positive views. Maybe I will start this sometime soon!
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment