Waiting on Wednesday #139 - I'll Give You the Sun & Made for You

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Jandy Nelson
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Published by: Dial

Jude and her twin brother, Noah, are incredibly close. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and dramatic ways...until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as someone else--an even more unpredictable new force in her life. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they'd have a chance to remake their world. (Summary from Goodreads)

I usually enjoy books about siblings. From the description the 1/2 and 1/2 format of the book should be interesting, especially with the idea that only truth we know is our own so we are always missing pieces of the full story.


Author: Melissa Marr
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Published by: HarperCollins

When Eva Tilling wakes up in the hospital, she's confused--who in her sleepy little North Carolina town could have hit her with their car? And why? But before she can consider the question, she finds that she's awoken with a strange new skill: the ability to foresee people's deaths when they touch her. While she is recovering from the hit-and-run, Nate, an old flame, reappears, and the two must traverse their rocky past as they figure out how to use Eva's power to keep her friends--and themselves--alive. But while Eva and Nate grow closer, the killer grows increasingly frantic in his attempt to get to Eva. (Summary from Goodreads)

Are you kidding me!? It's Melissa Marr!! That's it! I'm in! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I loved Jandy Nelson's last book! This one looks good too. Here's my WOW http://anurseandabook.blogspot.com/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesdaysleaving-time-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure it's for me, but there's a lot of buzz around I'll Give You the Sun. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I cannot wait for I'll Give You the Sun too! And I already read Made For You, it was such a page turner! Melissa Marr did not disappoint!!!
    Great picks, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO JEALOUS that you already read Made for You! It's great to know it was so good though. I think I'll just buy it right away then if it's just as good as her others. :) She's just SO FABULOUS!

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely excited for Made For You because it sounds so intriguing! And I've heard nothing but fabulous things about I'll Give You the Sun, so hopefully you end up loving that one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment