Review: The Winter People by Rebekah Purdy

The Winter People 
Author: Rebekah L. Purdy
Release date: September 2, 2014
Published by: Entangled Teen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Salome does not like the cold. No, you don't understand...she hates it. She hates the cold, the snow, a stiff wind, sleet, basically anything that reminds her of that day so very long ago when she fell through the pong as a child. She's still haunted by that day when strange fingers pulled her to safety, and the voices that warned her to stay away. But when her mother gets hurt, it falls to Salome to leave the gifts on her grandparent's property and to feed the animals even if it does mean facing her worst fear of the cold. She'll just have to do it somehow for them, but what she finds in the snow is anything but what she expected...

My thoughts: WHOA!!! This was AWESOME! I loved this world that Salmone walked into in her grandparent's backyard. The idea that there is a whole world just out of our reach which also watches us is one that sounds amazing and scary as can be at the same time.

The characters in the book were written in a way that really made me like them. Of course there was one I really didn't like but I'm not going to go into that and mess anything up here for you. What I really liked about this was that her family and the others that she meets weren't allowed to tell her any details and so she had to go out and discover all of the back story on her own completely on her own. It was so very brave and she did it so well.

If you liked Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series in anyway you are going to LOVE this book very much! WOW! I will definitely be getting this one for our libraries!! Thank you Entangled for letting me preview it!

View all my reviews

Comments