Review: Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger

Curtsies & Conspiracies 
Series: Finishing School, Book 2
Author: Gail Carriger
Release date: November 2013
Published by: Hachette Little, Brown & Co
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's the 2nd year at Miss Geraldine's Finishing School Academy and things are really getting interesting now! Sophronia and Dimity are fighting, Soap is feeling slighted, and Vieve has even gone to the other side. Will things ever be the same again for Sophronia? We'll see...

My thoughts: These books are SO DARN FUN!!! I just really like these characters. Each and every one that Gail has created is so well developed and interesting.

Sophronia and her crew show so much growth beyond what we learn about them in book 1. Our author doesn't just stop there, but continues to show us more about all of the other periphery characters as well like the teachers, boys from Bunson's, the Sooties and more.

The plot in this book really opens up and thickens up. WOW! I cannot imagine how Gail Carriger keeps track of all of the twists and turns she has created in her plot. This was just mad fun. I enjoyed it so much and could not guess it ahead of time completely which is what I always hope for since I really do not like it when I can guess.

If you have not tried these yet you really need to. Now I would really like to try the adult series! Has anyone read those? Should I read them? Buy them?

Check out my review of Book 1:


View all my reviews

Comments