Waiting on Wednesday #136 - Iron Trial and Winterspell

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Authors: Holly Black AND Cassandra Clare
Release Date: September 9, 2014
Published by: Doubleday Children's Books

From two bestselling superstars, a dazzling and magical middle-grade collaboration centering on the students of the Magisterium, an academy for those with a propensity toward magic. In this first book, a new student comes to the Magisterium against his will -- is it because he is destined to be a powerful magician, or is the truth more twisted than that? It's a journey that will thrill you, surprise you, and make you wonder about the clear-cut distinction usually made between good and evil. (Summary from Goodreads)

I've enjoyed reading books by these two authors, so I can only imagine that a book they've collaborated on must be awesome. I look forward to reading this new adventure.


Author: Claire Legrand
Release Date: September 30, 2014
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

The clock chimes midnight, a curse breaks, and a girl meets a prince...but what follows is not all sweetness and sugarplums.

New York City, 1899. Clara Stole, the mayor's ever-proper daughter, leads a double life. Since her mother's murder, she has secretly trained in self-defense with the mysterious Drosselmeyer.

Then, on Christmas Eve, disaster strikes.

Her home is destroyed, her father abducted--by beings distinctly not human. To find him, Clara journeys to the war-ravaged land of Cane. Her only companion is the dethroned Nicholas, bound by a wicked curse. If they're to survive, Clara has no choice but to trust him, but his haunted eyes burn with secrets--and a need she can't define. With the dangerous, seductive faery queen Anise hunting them, Clara soon realizes she won't leave Cane unscathed--if she leaves at all.

Inspired by The Nutcracker, Winterspell is a dark, timeless fairy tale about love and war, longing and loneliness, and a girl who must learn to live without fear. (Summary from Goodreads)

I absolutely ADORE The Nutcracker!!! So this is a brilliant concept in my opinion because I always pictured a faery world where she goes. I cannot wait to try this one. Let me know if you've read it!

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I can't wait to read both of these books. Great picks! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I SO can't wait for Winterspell, eek. Such a badass cover. ;)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are books I'm waiting on as well!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iron Trial was very good despite some similiarites to Harry Potter. Winterspell does have a great cover. Great WOW choices.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have The Iron Trial for review. I have to be honest...I'm a little nervous about it. Good picks though.

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Iron Trial too, and I haven't been able to pick it up yet. I think I must be nervous too. :/

      Delete

Post a Comment