Waiting on Wednesday #120 - Since You've Been Gone & The Girl with the Windup Heart

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Morgan Matson
Release Date: May 6, 2014
Published by: Simon & Schuster

The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend-the one who yanks you out of your shell. But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just...disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There's just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try...unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough. Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait...what?
Getting through Sloane's list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this while unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she'll find?
Go Skinny Dipping? Um...(Summary from Goodreads)

I know it came out yesterday...so technically, no waiting, but I found it and wanted to feature it because it sounds so good: a coming of age story where a shy girl emerges from her shell as she faces challenges she never would have tried on her own without a push from a friend. Delightful.


Author: Kady Cross
Release Date: May 27, 2014
Published by: Harlequin Teen

 In 1897 London, a final showdown is about to begin.

London's underworld is no place for a young woman, even one who is strong, smart and part-automaton like Mila. But when master criminal Jack Dandy inadvertently breaks her heart, she takes off, determined to find an independent life, one entirely her own. Her search takes her to the spangled shadows of the West End's most dazzling circus.
Meanwhile, taken captive in the Aether, Griffin King is trapped in an inescapable prison, and at the mercy of his archenemy, The Machinist. If he breaks under the hellish torment, The Machinist will claim his powers and control of the Aether itself, and no one in either world will be safe-especially not Finley Jayne and her misfit band of friends.
Finley plunges headlong into the Aether the only way she knows how, but temporarily dying. But she cannot parry The Machinist's maneuvers for long. To defeat him for good, Griffin will have to confront his greatest fear and finally come face-to-dace with the destructive power he wields. (Summary from Goodreads)

I absolutely LOVE THIS SERIES!!!! Seriously, Finley Jayne is my absolute favorite lead character EVER! Oh how I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS! Plus, I have it from NetGalley & HarlequinTeen! YAY!! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I'm a huge fan of steampunk, so I seriously need to get a start on The Steampunk chronicles. I know a lot of readers really love it!
    Also Since You've Been Gone is high up my wish-list!
    Great picks! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You DO need to get on it! READ THEM!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I forgot Since You've Been Gone was out yesterday, I'll have to pick up a copy soon! :) I haven't read The Steampunk Chronicles yet (though, I do have the first book in my TBR pile.) :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try The Girl with the Steel Corset! I just LOVE this series!

      Delete
  3. Awesome picks! Both sound interesting :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices. Since You've Been Gone looks like its going to be a great summer read.
    Pixie @pageturnersblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want Since You've Been Gone so badly. I loved Second Chance Summer and I've heard such great things about it.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment