Waiting on Wednesday #106 - Minders & Lady Thief

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Michele Jaffe
Release Date: January 30, 2014
Published by:Razorbill

Q: If the boy you love commits a crime, would you turn him in?
Sadie Ames is a type-A teenager from the wealthy suburbs. She's been accepted to the prestigious Mind Corps Fellowship program, where she'll spend six weeks as an observer inside the head of Ford, a troubled boy with a passion for the crumbling architecture of the inner city. There's just one problem: Sadie's fallen in love with him.

Q: What if the crime is murder?
Ford Winter is haunted by the murder of his older brother, James. As Sadie falls deeper into his world, dazzled by the shimmering pinpricks of color that form images in his mind, she begins to think she knows him. Then Ford does something unthinkable.

Q: What if you saw it happen from inside his mind?
Back in her own body, Sadie is faced with the ultimate dilemma. With Ford's life in her hands, she must decide what is right and what is wrong. And how well she can really ever know someone, even someone she loves. (Summary from Goodreads)

First this cover is sooooooo cool. I love the visual representation of how Sadie is IN Ford's mind. This sounds like an interesting sci-fi story about truth and right vs. wrong. 


(Scarlet, Book 2)
Author: A.C. Gaughen
Release Date: February 11, 2014
Published by: Walker Childrens

Scarlet's true identity has been revealed, but her future is uncertain. Her forced marriage to Lord Gisbourne threatens Robin and Scarlet's love, and as the royal court descends upon Nottingham for the appointment of a new Sheriff, the people of Nottingham hope that Prince John will appoint their beloved Robin Hood. But Prince John has different plans for Nottingham that revolve around a fateful secret from Scarlet's past even she isn't yet aware of. Forced to participate at court alongside her ruthless husband, Scarlet must bide her time and act the part of a noblewoman--a worthy sacrifice if it means helping Robin's cause and a chance at a future with the man she loves. (Summary from Goodreads)

I cannot wait for this one! Plus, I just got Scarlet at the library so I'm going to read that one quick finally! YAY! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I'm not really in love with the cover of Minders but the premise has totally got me. I'm adding it to my tbr.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think the cover of Minders is awesome! I have an ARC on my shelf, waiting to be read. I'll probably be picking it up next! I still have yet to read Scarlet but I've heard a lot of good things about it! Have a happy Wednesday, Ange!

    xo, Becca

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both look great! Hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard good things about The Lady Thief, but I had never heard of Minders. I will have to add that to my tbr pile. Sounds really interesting! My WOW post is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minders sounds really interesting!! I actually hadn't run across that one.

    I have yet to read Scarlet but probably won't because I haven't heard lots of positive things about it.

    Great Pics!!

    Rashika @ Tangled in Pages

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment