Waiting on Wednesday #97 - Options & Uninvited

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Abbi Glines
Release Date: December 5, 2013
Published by: Indie

Two paths.
Two completely different roads.
Each one standing before me.
Each one holding a different destiny.

In life you're just supposed to choose one path.
In life you're not given the chance at choosing one specific future.

Until now.
Until me.

Why am I different? I don't know. But I'm going to see those roads and walk down each one. When it's over I'll know which one to choose because I'll know my - options. (Summary from Goodreads)

Another story based on the idea that each choice we make creates one path and another divergent path for the opposite choice. This story seems to play with the idea that if we could see what happened along each path we'd be able to choose the right one for us. I've thought that at times, but I fear it would ruin the joy of day-to-day living. 


(Uninvited, Book 1)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Release Date: January 28, 2014
Published by: HarperTeen

When Davy Hamilton's tests come back positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome (HTS) - aka the kill gene - she loses everything. Her boyfriend ditches her, her parents are scared of her, and she can forget about her bright future at Juilliard. Davy doesn't feel any different, but genes don't lie. One day she will someone.
Only Sean, a fellow HTS carrier, can relate to her new life. Davy wants to trust him; maybe he's not as dangerous as he seems. Or maybe Davy is just as deadly. (Summary from Goodreads)

Seriously!? She's homicidal!? I would be in some serious trouble in this society I think! I have a serious anger issue on the best of days...ugh! I cannot wait to read this one!

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I'm also waiting on Uninvited, Options sounds a little bit like a book called Pivot Point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh OPTIONS sounds really interesting! I'm reading PARALLEL right now so it I definitely see the appeal to the two different paths thing. I can't wait for UNINVITED either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uninvited is soooo intriguing! I can't freaking wait to read it, it sounds like Minority Report a bit ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment