Waiting on Wednesday #79 - All Our Pretty Songs & Nomad

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Sarah McCarry
Release Date: July 30, 2013
Published by: St. Martin's Griffin

This is a story about love, but not the kind of love you think. You'll see...


In the lush and magical Pacific Northwest live two best friends who grew up like sisters: charismatic, mercurial, and beautiful Aurora, and the devoted, watchful narrator. Each of them is incomplete without the other. But their unbreakable bond is challenged when a mysterious and gifted musician named Jack comes between them.

His music is like nothing I have ever heard. It is like the ocean surging, the wind that blows across the open water, the far call of gulls.


Suddenly, each girl must decide what matters most: friendship, or love. What both girls don't know is that the stakes are even higher than either of them could have imagined. They're not the only ones who have noticed Jack's gift; his music has awakened an ancient evil--and a world both above and below which may not be mythical at all. We have paved over the ancient world but that does not mean we have erased it. (Summary from Goodreads)

Music as an instigator of myth and magic, evil, love and friendship: this has all the elements that make for a great tale!


Author: J.L. Bryan
Release Date: July 26, 2013
Published by: Self pub?

They took everything: her family, her home, her childhood.

By the age of nineteen, Raven has spent most of her life in the sprawling slums of America, fighting as a rebel against the dictatorship. When the rebellion steals an experimental time-travel device, she travels back five decades to the year 2013. Her plan: assassinate the future dictator when he is still young and vulnerable, long before he comes to power. She must move fast to reshape history, because agents from her own time are on her trail, ready to execute her on sight. (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds absolutely amazing! I LOVE a good dystopian and this one has time travel mixed in = fantastic! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. All Our Pretty Songs has such a pretty cover!!! The summary sounds amazing too. & Nomad looks like it's going to kick ass :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. All our Pretty Songs sounds so, so good and it doesn't hurt that it has an awesome cover! Nomad is new to me but it sounds very interesting!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. All Our Pretty Songs sounds beautiful! And I'm reading an ARC of Nomad and loving it!

    Here's my WoW!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have All Our Pretty Songs waiting for me on my Kindle, but just haven't been able to get to it yet. Nomad does sound interesting. It reminds me of the movie Looper kind of. Great picks!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this book! Great pick! :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-let-the-storm-break/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choices, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually giving away a copy of All Our Pretty Songs, if you're in the USA. I read it already. It was actually my WoW choice a few months ago!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your pics have seriously gorgeous covers!!!! I haven't heard of either book, but onto my TBR they go!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All Our Pretty Songs looks great. This is the first I've seen it. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.
    Cricket@ Little Library Muse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment