Waiting on Wednesday #51 - Flawed and Boundless



"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Kate Avelynn
Release Pb Date: January 22, 2013
Published by: Entangled Publishing, LLC

Sarah O'Brien is alive because of the pact she and her brother made twelve years ago--James will protect her from their violent father if she promises to never leave him. For years, she's watched James destroy his life to save hers. If all he asks for in return is her affection, she'll give it freely.
Until, with a tiny kiss and a broken mind, he asks for more than she can give.
Sam Donavon has been James' best friend--and the boy Sarah's had a crush on--for as long as she can remember. As their forbidden relationship deepens, Sarah knows she's in trouble. Quiet, serious Sam has decided he's going to save her. Neither of them realizes James is far more unstable than their father ever was, or that he's not about to let Sarah forget her half of the pact...(Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds disturbing and interesting. I wonder what he asks her for and just how far James will go to get Sarah to do what she promised--whatever that was...


Boundless 
(Unearthly, Book 3)
Author: Cynthia Hand 
Release Date: January 22, 2013
Published by: HarperTeen

The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could have ever anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.
Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her...even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she's headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.
As Clara makes her way in the world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he's not the only one...With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won't come without sacrifices and betrayal. (Summary from Goodreads)

I've been waiting and waiting to read my signed Hallowed until it was closer to the publication date of book 3 so I didn't have to wait SO terribly long so now I can finally let myself read book 2! I can't wait to find out what happened after the fire! And these covers...GORGEOUS! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I'm so excited for Boundless! I featured it last week. I really hope Clara and Tucker get an HEA! Flawed sounds way too depressing for me but I have heard great things about it.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what the heck he wants? And just how crazy he actually is / is willing to be to get what he wants? This could be very creepy. A promise can be a very dangerous thing indeed. Great choice!

    Kathy,
    I Write, I Read, I Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Flawless announced last year and wanted to read it ever since. I'm not a big fan of angel stories, but I thought Tucker was cuuute! Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy! your picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Flawed on my to-read list and I really want to read it. As for Boundless, I haven't read the previous two books but I'd love to.. Great picks!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment