Waiting on Wednesday #44 - The Almost Truth and Orleans


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Eileen Cook   
Release Date: December 4, 2012
Published by: Simon Pulse

Sadie can't wait to get away from her backwards small town, her delusional mom, her jailbird dad, and the tiny trailer where she was raised...even though leaving those things behind also means leaving Brendan. Sadie wants a better life, and she has been working steadily toward it, one con at a time.
But when Sadie's mother wipes out Sadie's savings, her escape plan is suddenly gone. She needs to come up with a lot of cash-and fast-or she'll be struck in this town forever.
With Brendan's help, she devises a plan-the ultimate con-to get the money. But the more lies Sadie spins, the more she starts falling for her own hoax...and perhaps for the wrong boy. Sadie wanted to change her life, but she wasn't prepared to have it flipped upside down by her own deception. With her future at stake and her heart on the line, suddenly it seems like she has a lot more than just money to lose...(Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds like a really interesting premise. I want to know what her deception is and how it all turns out!


 Orleans 
Author: Sherri L. Smith 
Release Date: March 7, 2013
Published by: Putnam Juvenile

First came the storms.
Then came the Fever.
And the Wall.

After a string of devastating hurricanes and a severe outbreak of Delta Fever, the Gulf Coast has been quarantined. Years later, residents of the Outer States are under the assumption that life in the Delta is all but extinct...but in reality, a new primitive society has been born.
Fen de la Guerre is living with the O-Positive blood tribe in the Delta when they are ambushed. Left with her tribe leader's newborn, Fen is determined to get the baby to a better life over the Wall before her blood becomes tainted. Fen meets Daniel, a scientist from the Outer States who has snuck into the Delta illegally. Brought together by chance, kept together by danger, Fen and Daniel navigate the wasteland of Orleans. In the end, they are each other's last hope for survival. 

Doesn't this sound good!? I can picture it, and can't wait to dive into this future. 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of The Almost Truth, but I haven't had time to read it yet. Orleans looks amazing. Sounds sooo good.
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both look really tempting...I'm not sure which I would pick first! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very much curious about her deception as well! Orleans looks like a great dystopian!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second pick sounds really good. Nice choices.
    Amy@ TeenyReader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to The Almost Truth as well. Orleans also sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both books sound amazing and I'd love to get my hands on them. I hope you enjoy reading them. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab choices! I'm really excited for The Almost Truth - it is a me book all the way! I hope you enjoy them both :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for spotlighting these! I've never heard of them before but now I can add them to my ever growing must read pile! New GFC follower. Would love it if you could return the favor. :D

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment