Review: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones 
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: Mortal Instruments, Book 1
Release date: March 27, 2007
Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Clary Fray is just your average fifteen-year-old New York City kid out for an evening of dancing with her best friend when she stumbles upon a murder in the club they're at but when the bouncers finally get there to help there's no body! The body has completely vanished and no on else but Clary seems to be able to see the two boys and the girl who attacked and killed the blue haired boy. How do you prove there was a murder when there's no body and no murderers? When Clary runs into one of the deadly boys at her local coffee shop and follows him, her world will never be the same again...she's soon thrust into a world she never dreamed could exist right within her very own.

My thoughts: This is one that my students have been telling me I need to read for a long time now! I'm not sure why I waited so long, but it did not disappoint. The characters were great. I love Clary, Simon and Jace; they are each such great characters. I could tell where some of the plot was going but so much of it was twists and turns that I either only guessed moments before hand or didn't see coming at all! I can't wait to see what happens next in book 2...here we go...
View all my reviews

Comments

Post a Comment