REVIEW: The Battlemage

The Battlemage 
Author: Taran Matharu
Series: Summoner, Book 3
Published by: Feiwel & Friends/MacKids 
Date published: May 2, 2017 

Holy crap this was good! I loved this series SO MUCH. I can't wait to read the prequel about Arcturus coming next. 


This series that started with a broken boy who had nothing has ended with a strong, accomplished young man who has so much. This is exactly the type of series I love to read. It had everything: magic, magical creatures, a main character who was at the bottom and rises to the top, a group of friends who have each other's back no matter what, and epic good vs. evil encounters and battles throughout. LOVED IT! 


What got me the most is that there have only been two new series that have come anywhere near how I felt reading the Harry Potter books as they came out. This was the 1st one, and the 2nd one is the Magisterium series by Black and Clare. Both of them have that great hard luck group of kids who come together to form an unbreakable bond of friendship that sees them through anything and everything that comes their way. 


VERDICT: If you like any of the things I mentioned above, then you have GOT to try this series! 



Check out my reviews of...
Book 1 - The Novice  
Book 2 - The Inquisitor 


Have you tried these? What did you think? 

Comments