New school year overload = guilt...

I'm not really sure where to begin...but holy moly has this beginning of school year kicked my butt! I haven't been posting, I haven't been reading as much, and I have SO much guilt about it. Does that ever happen to you? I now I need to figure out a way to "get back on the horse" but certainly cannot make any promises at this point. 

In the mean time, here's a bit of a "Where I am in books right now..."

Just finished not too long ago: Sisters of Salt and Iron by Kady Cross - This was just as gripping as the first book filled with teen angst, creepy dead people and sisterly drama both good and bad. I had tons of other things I should have been dong and instead hid out and read this one weekend. :) Kady Cross remains one of my all-time favorite young adult authors ever.

The Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carriger (5 Books) - This is one I've had for quite a while on my TBR. I decided to swallow it whole just before school started here. I did pretty good trucking through them but did drag a bit after the first two. I do have to say that I had hoped that the characters I loved so much from the young adult Finishing School series were in the books more but they really aren't sadly. 

Now reading: The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey - I loved this first book, The Girl at Midnight, from the cover to the story and its incredible creatures and world. It is getting me to read even when I really need to be doing other things but that's ok in my opinion. It's just as good as the first one so far. 


What's up next? - I'm never truly sure where I'm headed next with reading, except that I have learned I cannot read books that have a similar theme in a row. So I cannot read a fantasy next for pleasure reading...maybe The Problem with Forever by Jennifer Armentrout will be next. It sounds SO darn good and would fit my requirements of not a fantasy next. 

The other option would be Girl Last Seen by Anne Greenwood Brown and Heather Anastasiu. I adore a good mystery, and it's co-written by one of my favorite people, Anne Greenwood Brown! She is such a truly real, smart and downright great person. 

What do you think? What would you choose next? 

I do HAVE to read a professional book next to begin more serious work on creating and completing my graduate capstone project involving building a formal makerspace in my middle school library, Invent to Learn: making, tinkering, and engineering in the classroom by Sylvia Martinez and Gary Stager.  


How have you been doing with your blog and reading lately? 

Comments