Full Series Review: Lux

Series: Lux 
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Released: 2011-2014
Published by: Entangled Teen 

Katy and her mother have just moved to town and are starting over. When she meets her drool worthy next door neighbor Daemon, she's shocked that he is so rude he's mean. His sister on the other hand is extremely friendly. Then, something happens and Daemon freezes time right in front of Katy! Nothing is the same again, and their worlds collide in so many ways. 

My thoughts: I have been meaning to try a Jennifer L. Armentrout book for quite some time now and finally tried Obsidian not long ago. I couldn't put it down and HAD to buy the rest of the series on NOOK as quickly as possible so I could read the rest. I think I literally read all 5 in one weekend. They were full of adventure and drama while also being pretty darn steamy as well.

This was a pretty cool premise with beings from another place, and how their abilities worked. I haven't really read much that has had "alien" beings in it which also made this a great change of pace from my normal syfy and fantasy books. Space travel yes, but not aliens living among us. 

Katy was a VERY fun character who was a blogger! She did Top 10 Tuesdays, WoWs, and so much more. Too fun! I loved that about her of course, but also just loved her love of books and reading in general. Daemon, on the other hand, was a hot grumpy gus until things really begin to happen, and then he becomes quite the hot commodity. They are a perfect steamy couple together. They were realistic somehow even though the story was fantasy. 

There were many secondary characters that were fantastic too like Daemon's sister Dee, others from his community, and Katy's mother. I have to say that Dee was one of my favorites though. She was so very carefree and open. So desperate for a friend, but in a good way not a stalker creeper way. 

The villains were creepy and nicely done. Plus, there were so many twists and turns throughout the series that I was on the edge of my seat throughout. One thing that sucks, but made this series so good, was that Armentrout isn't afraid to kill of characters we love which also makes a book seem more realistic as well.

Final thoughts: I cannot wait to try something else by her now. Any recommendations of out there? 

Comments