Waiting On Wednesday #204 - What's Broken Between Us & Glass Sword

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Alexis Bass
Release Date: December 29, 2015
Published by: HarperCollins

A year and a half ago, Amanda Tart's brother got behind the wheel drunk and killed his best friend. Today, he's coming home from prison.

Amanda's been the one living with the fallout, made worse by her brother's recent unapologetic TV interview. People think he's a monster. Still, he loves him. It's her dark secret, until she starts getting close to Henry again -- whose sister is paralyzed from the accident.

A year and a half ago, her brother destroyed his life. Now Amanda has to decide if she'll let his choice destroy hers. (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds beautifully heart-wrenching. I'm curious to see how the sibling relationship plays out with this kind of tragedy.


Author: Victoria Aveyard
Release Date: February 9, 2016
Published by: HarperTeen 

Mare Barrow's blood is red -- the color of common folk -- but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control.

The crown calls her an impossibility, a fake, but as she makes her escape from Maven, the prince -- the friend -- who betrayed her, Mare uncovers something startling: she is not the only one of her kind.

Pursued by Maven, now a vindictive king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and Silver fighters to join in the struggle against her oppressors.

But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, at risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat.

Will she shatter under the weight of the lives that are the cost of rebellion? Or have treachery and betrayal hardened her forever? (Summary from Goodreads)

Book 1 was nothing short of FANTASTIC and I cannot wait to get back to these characters and their story! SO GOOD!!!

Check out my review of:
Book 1 - Red Queen 


What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Glass Sword is my WoW today as well, and What's Broken Between Us sounds really good. Great picks, and thanks for sharing. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's Broken Between Us sounds pretty good! And I love the cover of Glass Sword. :)

    My WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glass Sword is totally on my list, I loved the first one :D

    I read What's Broken Between us recently and I enjoyed it but didn't absolutely love it. I hope you love it though!

    I'm a new follower :)

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for Glass Sword!
    Hope you get some great books under the tree! Merry Christmas!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment