Review: Illuminae

Illuminae 
Authors: Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Series: The Illuminae Files, Book 1
Release date: October 20, 2015
Published by: Knopf Books for Young Readers/RandomHouse
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Kady and Ezra have just broken up when their whole word starts on fire! Almost literally. Their planet comes under attack and they are instantly on a run to save themselves and the ones they love most. Once they are rescued on 2 different ships, the drama really begins as Ezra is conscripted into the military and Kady turns rebel hacker. They are both trying to figure out how to save them all from a plague that is turning people into insane killers on their ships. Will anyone be left to tell their story?

My thoughts: This was incredible! The way that the story is told through emails, messaging, files, reports, etc. was brilliant! It really worked for me with in this digital age of reading messages, emails, blogs, Fb, Twitter, etc. I cannot wait to see the finished book after reading this as an ARC. I bet it's awesome!

There was sassiness, relationship drama, rebellion, secrets, manipulation, friendship, survival, fighting and lots of technology. It had a definite I, Robot + Serenity(Firefly) feel to it, and I loved it! I was NOT ready for that ending or the revelations that happen! I love it when a book surprises me! I laughed, I cried, and I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing which I flew through even though it was apparently 600+ pages! O_O 

The main character of Kady who we are following on her harrowing journey, is a kick butt character! I really quickly was right in her corner rooting for her all the way. There are so many characters that are in this story since they are all on rescue ships together gimping it to another settlement to find help. At times I felt a bit overwhelmed trying to remember who people were but once I just moved on and enjoyed the ride of the story it was amazing! 

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am that this is a series!!! AHHH!!!! I can't wait to read more about this world they've created in our future! 

View all my reviews

Comments