Review: Shadow Study

Shadow Study 
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Series: Study, Book 4 & Soulfinders, Book 1
Release date: February 24, 2015
Published by: Mira/HarlequinTeen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Yelena is finally going to live the life she's hoped for. Even more wonderful...she's going to share that life with Valek which is something she never thought would be a want for her. That's all destroyed when there's an attempt on her life that leaves her with no magic! How is this even possible? And she needs to keep the knowledge that she has no magic top secret because her life depends on it. Plus, if they trying to kill her then they may be trying to kill Valek too!?

My thoughts: This was an interesting story and I really like the main character of Yelena. I had a really hard time getting in the swing of things since this was apparently not the first book about her which I didn't know when I started this one. I went into this story thinking this was book 1 in a series, only to find out that it was very obviously not. All this considered, I now want to read the rest of the books I should have before this one. 

Yelena was a great character who was tough and full of history that I can't wait to read about sometime. She does share some of herself with us, but I really want more. The relationship between Valek and Yelena was also one where were being very teased about I felt since we get to see them together in the beginning and then not again. Yelena also has some serious connections I noticed as she tried to figure out what could possibly have taken her magic away. The whole mystery of her magic leaving is one that really got me curious and made me hold onto the story for the full ride. 

Final thoughts: I not only want to go back and read books 1-3 now, but with that cliffhanger at the end of this book I have got to read the next book in this series! Oh what a cliffhanger! 
View all my reviews

Comments