Review: Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf 
Series: Wolves of the Beyond, Book 1 
Author: Kathryn Lasky
Release date: October 13, 2015 
Published by: Doubleday
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book based on a recommendation from my niece. She even lent me her personal copy! And she was right: this is the start to an awesome series. I have to say, I want to pop out to the library and grab the second book in the series because Lasky left off on such a key event that I want to know what happens next.

This is the story of Faolan, a wolf pup born with a paw that isn’t quite right. Pack rules of the Wolves of the Beyond say he must be left to die; in order to keep the pack strong, no weaknesses can be allowed. This is the start of Faolan’s new life, for beyond all belief, he survives with the help of Thunderheart, a most wondrous bear who decides to raise the pup as her own after having lost her child.

I read this book in a day because I was so enthralled by the world Lasky creates and the characters she develops. There are ups and downs, a little heartbreak and hope, all emotions that kept me reading as I became a part of Faolan and Thunderheart’s family.

View all my reviews

Comments