Review: The Fall of the West

The Fall of the House of West 
Author: Paul Pope
Release date: October 13, 2015
Published by: First Second
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Aurora is motherless and on a mission to learn more about her death so she can avenge her no matter what. Her father not only doesn't talk about her mother or her death, but he also cannot seem to keep Aurora under complete control where her mother's death is concerned either. Will Aurora find out who really killed her mother? What will she do if she does find the killer?

My thoughts: This was full of mysterious intrigue, sadness and adventure. I wasn't sure if I had missed something in another book before this one but it never really felt quite filled in the way I would have liked.

The MC, Aurora, was a sad, tragic character who from the beginning was on a rampage to kill the person/thing who had killed her mother. The sad part was that when she found out it wasn't what she had thought at all. Her world was crushed by the revelation. 

This was an ok graphic novel and I'm sure it will be better once I see one in color, but it just wasn't my thing. Oh well. 

View all my reviews

Comments