Waiting on Wednesday #182 - Never Always Sometimes & School for Sidekicks

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Adi Alsaid
Release Date: August 4, 2015
Published by: Harlequin Teen

Never date your best friend.
Always be original.
Sometimes rules are meant to be broken.

Best friends Dave and Julia were determined to never be cliche high school kids--the ones who sit at the same lunch table every day, dissecting the drama from homeroom and plotting their campaigns for prom king and queen. They even wrote their own Never List of everything they vowed they'd never, ever do in high school.

Some of the rules have been easy to follow, like #5, never die your hair a color of the rainbow, or #7, never hook up with a teacher. But Dave has a secret: he's broken rule #8, never pine silently after someone for the entirety of high school. It's either that or break rule #10, never date your best friend. Dave has loved Julia for as long as he can remember.

Julia is beautiful, wild and impetuous. So when she suggests they do every Never on the list, Dave is happy to play along. He even dyes his hair an unfortunate shade of green. It starts as a joke, but then a funny thing happens: Dave and Julia discover that by skipping the cliches, they've actually been missing out on high school. And maybe even on love. (Summary from Goodreads)

This one sounds sweet--a cute coming-of-age story between best friends...or something more.


Author: Kelly McCullough
Release Date: April 4, 2015 
Published by: Feiwel & Friends/

Evan Quick is a GIANT superhero geek who dreams of one day becoming a superhero himself. Every morning he checks to see if he's developed his powers overnight, and ever day there's nothing. No flying, no super strength, no invulnerability--that always hurts to check--no telepathy, no magic. Not even the ability to turn off the alarm clock without smacking the switch.

But then Evan somehow manages to survive a supervillian's death ray, and is sent to the Academy for Metahuman Operatives. Unfortunately, his new school is not what he expected, and instead of fighting bad guys, Evan finds himself blacklisted, and on the wrong side of the school's director. If Evan ever wants to realize his dream, he must convince his "mentor" Foxman", a semi-retired has-been, to become a real hero once again. (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds SO FUN! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Never Always Sometimes sounds so cute! I'm looking forward to that one as well, and I loooooove the cover. :) AND OH MY GOD HOW BADASS DOES SCHOOL FOR SIDEKICKS SOUND!?! I love how there's a bunch of books coming out now about ordinary people rather than the heroes. :)

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I can't wait to get to it now that I have School of Sidekicks from NetGalley. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Never Always Sometimes is one of my most anticipated reads! It sounds so cute and like something I would love! I'm in high school so this book is bound to be relatable :D

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I think I'm going to get it for our high school LMC. I think it will do well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I have Never Always Sometimes on my tbr. It sounds really good. School for Sidekicks is new to me. I hope you both enjoy reading your picks this week.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I have an ARC of Never Always Sometimes that I'm hoping to get to next week. It looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. School of Sidekicks sounds like a lot of fun. Good picks!

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment