Waiting on Wednesday #181 - All We Have Is Now & Insidious

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Lisa Schroeder 
Release Date: July 28, 2015
Published by: Scholastic, Inc.

What do you do with your last day on Earth?

Just over twenty-four hours are left until an asteroid strikes North America, and for Emerson and everyone else who didn't leave, the world will end. But Emerson's world already ended when she ran away from home. Since then, she has lived on the streets, relying on her wits and on her friend Vince to help her find places to sleep and food to eat.

They city's quieter now that most people are gone, and no one seems to know what to do as the end approaches. But then Emerson and Vince meet Carl, who tells them he has been granting people's wishes--and gives them his wallet full of money.

Suddenly, this last day seems full of possibility. Emerson and Vince can grant a lot of wishes in one last day--maybe even their own. (Summary from Goodreads)

I like the sound of this story line. I'm hoping for a big picture message rolled into the 24 hour adventure that these two main characters go on to grant wishes. 


(The Twixt, Book 3)
Author: Dawn Metcalf
Release Date: August 25, 2015 
Published by: Harlequin Teen

True evil is rarely obvious. It is quiet, patient.

Insidious.

Awaiting the perfect moment to strike.

Joy Malone finally knows who she is, where she comes from and how to live in two worlds at once. And new she can introduce her family and friends to her mysterious boyfriend, Indelible Ink. But when Ink's twin sister, Invisible Inq, calls in a favor, Joy must accept a dangerous mission to find a forgotten door between worlds--a door hiding a secret that some will kill to keep.

Unseen enemies, treasonous magic and unthinkable betrayal threaten both the Twixt and human worlds as Joy races to expose an ancient conspiracy and unleash the unalterable truth--some secrets cannot remain secret forever. (Summary from Goodreads)

I am SO in love with this series! I wait and wait VERY impatiently for each one. If you haven't tried these you MUST! Now I see that there's going to be a book 4 too! YAY!

Check out my review of:
Book 1 - Indelible
Book 2 - Invisible 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I'm not really familiar with either of these books, but I hope you enjoy them both!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Twixt series is INCREDIBLE! I love it. You should give it a try. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I have a copy of All We Have is Now so I'll be reading it soon. It sounds great.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one sounds like it could be good, I haven't been reading a lot of contemporary though. I read the first The Twixt book, I enjoyed it but I never got around to reading the second one and I didn't realize there was going to be a third one! I hope you both enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should! The Twixt series is SO good! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for All We Have Is Now -- that cover is so gorgeous! Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. There have been quite a few asteroid/last day on earth stories out recently. I haven't read any of The Twixt series. I hope you enjoy reading both of your picks.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of All We Have Is Now but it sounds interesting. I have been meaning to pick up the first Twixt book but I haven't had a chance to yet. I hope you guys enjoy the books when you get them.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on The Twixt it is SO GOOD!! I love it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Both are great picks and I adore the covers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment