Waiting on Wednesday #177 - Between Us and the Moon & The Heart of Betrayal

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Rebecca Maizel 
Release Date: June 30, 2015
Published by: Harper Teen

Ever since Sarah was born, she's lived in the shadow of her beautiful older sister, Scarlett. But this summer on Cape Cod, she's determined to finally grow up. Then she meets gorgeous college boy Andrew. He sees her as the girl she wants to be. A girl who's older than she is. A girl like Scarlett.

Before she knows what's happened, one little lie has transformed into something real. And by the end of August, she might have to choose between falling in love, and finding herself. (Summary from Goodreads)

A bittersweet romance: just what a summer read calls for.


Author: Mary E. Pearson
Release Date: July 7, 2015
Published by: Henry Holt and Co. 

Held captive in the barbarian kingdom of Venda, Lia and Rafe have little chance of escape. Desperate to save her life, Lia's ertswhile assassin, Kaden, has told the Vendan Komizar that she has the gift, and the Komizar's interest in Lia is greater than anyone could have foreseen.

Meanwhile, nothing is straightforward: there's Rafe, who lied to Lia, but has sacrificed his freedom to protect her; Kaden, who meant to assassinate her but has now saved her life; and the Vendans, whom Lia always believed to be barbarians. Now that she lives amongst them, however, she realizes that may be far from the truth. Wrestling with her upbringing, her gift, and her sense of self, Lia must make powerful choices that will affect her country...and her own destiny. (Summary from Goodreads)

Ok, so book 1 left me on a severe cliffhanger!! I am SOOOO ready for this one! I just hope I remember all the details once I start reading b/c I read that one as an ARC too so it was a while ago now. I do remember thinking...do I like this one? And then I thought OMG THIS IS SO GOOD! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Wow. I'll read the first book before I decide to read this one. I still have enough time before this is released so yay!
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was SO GOOD! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. The Heart of Betrayal! I'm starting it next week, and I absolutely can't wait to start it. I'm really looking forward to Between Us and the Moon as well. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the cover for Between Us and the Moon and I can't wait to read it! Great pick!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Between Us and the Moon" does look like the perfect summer read! Enjoy!

    My WoW:
    http://adreamfrommyheart.blogspot.com/2015/06/These-Shallow-Graves.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a light summer/beach read. The second one is one I need to start the series still! Great picks!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Between Us and the Moon sounds interesting. The "lie" is very intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The "lie" does make this sound very intriguing and this book isn't even my "thing". Tempting isn't it!

      Delete
  7. I'm also waiting on Between Us and the Moon :) I haven't read Kiss of Deception yet but it is sitting on my shelf and I'm sure I'll be dying for Heart of Betrayal once I read it. Thanks for stopping by!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I can't wait for Between Us and the Moon. It definitely sounds great! Have an awesome week. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment