Waiting on Wednesday #163 - This Is Shyness & Lies I Told

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Leanne Hall
Release Date: March 17, 2015
Published by: Text

A captivating novel told from the points of view of two unforgettable characters. In the suburb of Shyness, the sun doesn't rise. Wolfboy meets a stranger called Wildgirl, who dares him to be her guide through the endless night. There are things that can only be said in the dark. THIS IS SHYNESS was shortlisted for a number of major Australian literary awards and named a Children's Book Council of Australia Notable Book. (Summary from Goodreads)

I'm intrigued by this brief description. It sounds like it might be a unique and charming story.


Author: Michelle Zink
Release Date: April 7, 2015
Published by: HarperTeen

What if, after spending a lifetime deceiving everyone around you, you discovered the biggest lies were the ones you've told yourself?

Grace Fontaine has everything: beauty, money, confidence, and the perfect family.

But it's all a lie.

Grace has been adopted into a family of thieves who con affluent people out of money, jewelry, art, and anything else of value. Grace has never had any difficulty pulling off a job, but when things start to go wrong on the Fontaines' biggest heist yet, Grace finds herself breaking more and more of the rules designed to keep her from getting caught...including the most important of all: never fall fro your mark. (Summary from Goodreads)

At the bottom it says, "Perfect for fans of Ally Carter...and Gail Carriger..." along with the above summary and I am thinking "I'M IN!!!" WOW! Plus, that cover is fantastic! AND, it's by Zink who wrote THIS WICKED GAME which I thought was great! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I don't know that either of these are my kind of books, but the titles are very interesting!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lies I Told is on my TBR and on my kindle atm, my co-blogger read it I believe. I need to ask her what she thought about it (:

    Courtney @ Storybook Slayers
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment