Waiting on Wednesday #160 - We All Hooked Up & Kin

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Tommy Wallach
Release Date: March 31, 2015
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Four high school seniors put their hopes, hearts, and humanity on the line as an asteroid hurtles toward Earth.

They always say that high school is the best time of your life.

Peter, the star basketball player at his school, is worried "they" might actually be right. Meanwhile Eliza can't wait to escape Seattle--and her reputation--and perfect-on-paper Anita wonders if admission to Princeton is worth the price of abandoning her real dreams. Andy, for his part, doesn't understand all the fuss about college and career--the future can wait.

Or can it? Because it turns out the future us hurtling through space with the potential to wipe out life on Earth. As these four seniors--along with the rest of the planet--wait to see what damage an asteroid will cause, they must abandon all thoughts of the future and decide how they're going to spend what remains of the present. (Summary from Goodreads)

Interesting, right?!? I love that Wallach is playing on the idea that high school seniors are at one of the "crossroads" moments in life. It will be interesting to see how throwing in the possible end of the world affects these teens choices.


Author: Lili St. Crow
Release Date: March 3, 2015
Published by: Razorbill

Full moon. Glowing eyes. Red lips. And such sharp, sharp teeth...

In the kin world, girls Ruby de Varre's age are expected to play nice, get betrothed, and start a family--especially if they're rootkin, and the fate of the clan is riding on them. But after a childhood of running wild in the woods, it's hard to turn completely around and be demure. Even if your Gran is expecting it.

Then Conrad, handsome and charming, from a clan across the Waste, comes to New Haven to seal alliance between their two families. The sparks fly immediately. Conrad is smart, dominant, and downright gorgeous. Yet as Ruby gets to know him more, she starts to realize something's...off.

Then, the murders start. A killer stalks the city streets, and just when Ruby starts to suspect the unimaginable, she becomes the next target. Now Ruby's about to find out that Conrad's secrets go deeper than she ever could have guessed--and it's up to Ruby to save her Gran, her clan, and maybe even herself... (Summary from Goodreads)

I cannot believe I still haven't read any of these! Shame on me!! Not only do they have GORGEOUS covers, but they always sound SO GOOD!! Has anyone read them? Are they as good as I think they'll be?

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness. Both novels capture my imagination. I will always pick up an "end of the earth" novel - when pushed to the ultimate edge it's always interesting to see what humanity does. And why have I now found this series yet? Tales of Beauty and Madness..and this is 3. Okay, I need to go do some fixing to this oversight of mine.

    Both picks sound amazing - thanks for adding them to my TBR :)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about We All Hooked Up. I'll wait to see some reviews before I decide on that one. And then the other one, I haven't read the others in the series. I hate to come across a cool series and be so far behind already. Never enough time!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices this week! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    P.S. I just wanted to point out that the first book is actually called "We All Looked Up" in case you want to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I am excited for both of these too because they seem pretty interesting. I may have to pick them up when they are released! I love the cover of We All Looked Up.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment