Waiting on Wednesday #156 - We Can Work It Out & Dove Arising

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Elizabeth Eulberg 
Release Date: January 27, 2015
Published by: Point

When Penny Lane started The Lonely Hearts Club, the goal was simple: to show that girls didn't need to define themselves by how guys looked at them, and didn't have to value boyfriends over everything else. Penny thought she'd be an outcast for life...but then the club became far more popular than she ever imagined it would be.

But what happens when the girl who never thought she'd date a good guy suddenly finds herself dating a great one? She doesn't need a boyfriend...but she wants it to work out with this particular boyfriend. And he wants it to work out with her.

Only, things keep getting in the way. Feelings keep getting hurt. Words keep getting misunderstood.

Penny Lane worked hard to declare her independence. Now she needs to figure out what to do with it -- and how to balance what she wants with what everyone else wants. (Summary from Goodreads)

I read The Lonely Hearts Club and it was cute and quirky and fun, so I'm adding this one to my list for those times when that's the type of quick read I want. I suggest it to anyone for that reason. 


Author: Karen Bao
Release Date: February 24, 2015
Published by: Viking Juvenile

Phaet Theta has lived her whole life in a colony on the Moon. She's barely spoken since her father died in an accident nine years ago. She cultivates the plants in Greenhouse 22, lets her best friend talk for her, and stays off the government's radar.

Then her mother is arrested.

The only way to save her younger siblings from the degrading Shelter is by enlisting in the Militia, the faceless army that polices the Lunar bases and protects them from attacks by desperate Earth-dwellers. Training is brutal, but it's where Phaet forms an easy but meaningful alliance with the preternaturally accomplished Wes, a fellow outsider.

Rank high, save her siblings, free her mom: that's the plan. Until Phaet's logically ordered world begins to crumble... (Summary from Goodreads)

After reading Burn Out, I've been looking for the next space adventure to read. Maybe this is it!? So...I'm in!

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Interesting choices! Dove Arising looks like it might be up my alley! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dove Arising definitely looks like a book I would read, thanks for sharing!
    My WoW
    Naomi @The Perks Of Being A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got an ARC of Dove Arising from a giveaway last month. I'd never heard of it. Guess I need to get it read soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got this as an ARC from a conference! I can't wait to try it!

      Delete
  4. These both look really good. I already have Dove Arising on my list, and I can't wait to read it. Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment