Review: Storm by Danielle Ellison

Storm 
Series: Salt, Book 2
Author: Danielle Ellison
Release date: September 29, 2014
Published by: Entangled Teen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Penelope is back and now she is definitely not a witch with no magic. She is a witch with a ton of magic, but the question is where is she getting it from and is it stable? Is it safe? Carter is asking those questions daily and hoping she will listen to him and not use those new powers...but they are just sooo tempting...as she's drawn farther and farther into the spider's web...

My thoughts: This is such a fun and different twist on witches! I love this mixture of witches and demons and school. It's almost like Harry Potter but with the demon twist, and the demon-fighting squad which is kick-butt! The characters are really fantastic...

Penelope, her sister, grandfather, grandmother, Carter, his father, it just goes on and on...the characters that Ellison writes are so darn interesting. I guess what I'm saying is that I believe them! They don't feel ridiculous or fake. I also really like that it this one picks up right where book 1 leaves off. Penelope is now and Enforcer with Carter as her partner and there's even a bit of steaminess now and then which isn't half bad. ;) It's fun to see her in action since that's exactly what she's been fighting for all along to do. 

The relationship between Penelope and Carter was a huge part of the drama in this one, but not the whole drama which is what I needed. I can't stand it when the whole drama is about the relationship. I need it to be about more than just that and this really delivered so much more than that with her struggle with her powers and finding answers as well. The mystery portion of it all was fantastic along with struggle against "the dark side"!

If you haven't read book 1, then give it a try now! You won't regret it. 

Check out my review of: 


View all my reviews

Comments