Review: Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer

Sacrifice 
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Series: Elemental, Book 5
Release date: September 30, 2015
Published by: Kensington Teen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Michael Merrick has had to hold all the strings to his family for so many years after his parents died. Every moment he has had to worry about whether he would be able to keep the business floating, the boys in school and out of juvie or foster care, the house and all of the bills paid for,a girlfriend for himself and the most important of all...everyone is still alive and the Guides still haven't gotten anyone. Will he be able to continue to hold on? Or will he have to finally surrender?

My thoughts: I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!! Seriously, I am not quite sure what to say about this book that I haven't said about all of the others in this series. These characters that Brigid has created are just amazing in their depth, their personalities are so real and I feel like they live next door to me now. I WISH they did! That would be SO cool!

Ok, I'm NOT going to give anything away, but after reading this book you'll understand why I'm going to say nevermind to the living next door wish. Yikes! You'll see! Holy moly!

Anyway, this was a roller coaster of emotions and turmoil from the very beginning to the very end! Plus it was full of exciting adventure a well! As a parent it was so hard to read this one honestly. I don't want to give away too terribly much of the book so I'm going to keep this one short and vague on purpose, but boy did I cry during a few places in sad, frustrating parts and awful parts. I do have to say that the development of Michael and Hannah's relationship, or the telling of it, is much more satisfactory in this book than in any other. I loved that. It was beautiful.

Also, the Guides in this one that are hunting the family are seriously creepy! WHOA! At the end, I wasn't sure if this was a final novel to the series...or if it was left open for more...it felt like it could go either way.

Final thoughts: If you haven't tried this series yet I do not understand what you are waiting for! I LOVE this series! Earth. Air. Fire. Water. Spirit. = Elementals! It's so darn cool.

View all my reviews

Comments