Waiting on Wednesday #113 - Pretty Sly and The Treatment

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Elisa Ludwig
Release Date: March 18, 2014
Published by: Katherine Tegan Books

Willa Fox was told to stay out of trouble. In fact, it was an order from a very serious juvenile court judge.
However, that was before Willa found her house ransacked and a mysterious email from her mother telling Willa she had to leave Paradise Valley for a while and not come looking  for her. Willa knows her mom's in danger and that no one at school will miss her after her recent sticky-fingered stunts with the Glitterati. So with the help of her pal Tre and with her degenerate crush Aidan as her wingman, Willa violates her her probation and hits the California highway in search of her mom.
But when Willa and Aidan's journey turns dangerously criminal and they wind up being the focus of a national manhunt, they realize it's sometimes easier to escape the law than the truth--and that everything Willa thought she knew about her mom, and her life, was wrong. (Summary from Goodreads)

Okay, so Pretty Sly came out yesterday and is Book 2 in a series, but I clearly overlooked Pretty Crooked last year! Now I've added them to my TBR list because it's being compared to Ally Carter's books and her heist-focused main character, and Ludwig's main character seems equally entrenched in crime but does it for good, so I think it will be a good read! 


Author: Suzanne Young
Release Date: April 29, 2014
Published by: Simon Pulse

How do you stop an epidemic?
Sloane and James are on the run after barely surviving the suicide epidemic and The Program. But they're not out of danger. Huge pieces of their memories are still missing, and although Sloane and James have found their way back to each other, The Program isn't ready to let them go.
Escaping with a group of troubled rebels, Sloane and James will have to figure out who they can trust, and how to take down The Program. But for as far as they've come, there's still a lot Sloane and James can't remember. The key to unlocking their past lies with the Treatment--a pill that can bring back forgotten memories, but at a high cost. And there's only one does.
Ultimately when the stakes are at their highest, can Sloane and James survive the many lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end? (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds SO GOOD! I'm VERY IN! What about you?

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I tried reading Pretty Crooked but it wasn't for me, I think I might go back and try again. I still haven't read The Program yet, but I need to, I heard it was pretty good!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to hurry up and read The Program!
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment