Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen 
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey, Book 3
Release date: January 25, 2011
Published by: Harlequin Teen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Meghan Chase is back at it again and this time she is the ONLY one who can literally save ALL of Nevernever. She is summoned by Queen Mab of the Unseelie Court and King Oberon of the Seelie Court to be told/asked to slay the new pretender Iron King who has taken over the Iron Kingdom and is wreaking havoc across the land by poisoning everything in its path. Plus, he has also started a war with both the Winter and Summer Courts. One that he very may well win unless Meghan accepts the request that the rulers of both courts have laid out for her...but are the risks to high?

My thoughts: WHOA! I LOVED THIS SO MUCH! I cried, I laughed, I am a WREAK of emotions!!! I want to rush on to the 4th book like I have the other books in the series this week, but I know I just cannot this time. I just need a little time to recover emotionally.

I have to say there is a lot of war in this book. A lot of fighting, and learning to fight. Meghan and Ash were absolutely delicious to read about in this one. You just want to lean in and spend some time with them, but sadly they just never get to spend that time together. But I think the bits that I love the most are how Meghan and Ash have both changed, and grown over the course of all three books SO much. One of the things that's all too fun is that Meghan learns to fight in this one and I LOVE that she becomes pretty butt kicking! :) Woot! Woot! No weak woman falling down and needing a boy to save them here! (p.s. The Gremlins ROCK!)

As for the plot itself, I really loved that just about everything is completely wrapped up in the end for us. You know how everyone turns out for the most part in the end which I for one really appreciate. I wish I had more brilliant things to say, but I don't except that this was definitely my FAVORITE one so far.

Last thought: On to the 4th book in this series. I cannot wait to read Ash's story next. I seriously hope those adorable Gremlins are in there somewhere!

View all my reviews

Comments