Review: Indelible by Dawn Metcalf

Indelible 
Author: Dawn Metcalf
Series: The Twixt
Release date: July 30, 2013
Published by: Harlequin Teen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Joy Malone learns that sometimes things are permanent the night a mysterious stranger from across the room who she can't stop staring at--tries to cut out her eye! Except he misses and instead marks her has his own, his lahmen, and Joy is thrown into a dangerous world where all of the things that go bump in the night are real and can do some serious damage! A world where there are glowing girls on her doorstep, extremely vicious monsters at the window and messages to be delivered paid in four leaf clovers.

My thoughts: I LOVED THIS! ABSOLUTELY AND COMPLETELY HEAD OVER HEELS EPICALLY LOVED IT! What!? I'm yelling? Sorry. I'll stop now. Seriously though, this was SO GOOD! It was like my favorite Melissa Marr book, Ink Exchange, + A.G. Howard's Splintered = BRILLANCE! Plus, it's a series since this is listed as being book 1 of the Twixt series! *happy dance* I cannot even begin to tell you how happy that makes me!

Ok, I'll try to chill and tell you a bit more about this with a bit of sanity involved...

The main characters of Joy Malone and Indelible Ink are just lovely in their bits of jadedness and their innocence. Metcalf has found that perfect combination that makes you believe that they are who they are, but that they also truly need each other. Brilliant.

The thing that really makes me LOVE a book is usually when the secondary characters are just as rich and fully developed as the main characters. Metcalf did this in spades with Invisible Inq, her father, Monica, The Bailiwick, Kurt, Briarhook, Filly and so many others.

Last thoughts: If you are into stories that are a bit on the darker side and about the Folk then THIS IS FOR YOU! I can't wait to get this one on my shelves when it hits the stores! I could not put it down from beginning to end and I bet you won't be able to either!


Sometimes books just NEED a soundtrack, so here's my Indelible soundtrack...
"Eyes on Fire" by Blue Foundation - this felt like Joy & Ink's song perfectly for me
"My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark" by Fall Out Boy - this worked perfectly for the fight scenes (And yes I know I pick this for all my fight scenes, but it's SO BRILLIANT! I LOVE it!) 
"Too Close" by Alex Clare 
"Blue Jeans" by Lana Del Rey
"Lakehouse" by Monsters and Men
"Come & Get It" by Selena Gomez - there's something about this song that worked so perfectly for the Carousel scenes with Joy and Ink for me! LOVE it!
"A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri - the perfect love song
View all my reviews

Comments