Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass 
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments, Book 3
Release date: March 24, 2009
Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Clary Fray, aka Clarissa Fairchild, is bound and determined to save her mother from the coma she went into after being attacked by demons. To do this she will have to journey to the Shadowhunter homeland of Idris, The City of Glass. Unfortunately, as Magnus Bane is opening the portal to Idris a demon attack occurs ending in tragedy forcing the group to rush through unexpectedly dragging Simon with them which is completely against the Law. Plus, Clary is left behind in New York. How is Clary going to get to Idris now? Once the Clave finds out Simon is a Daylighter will they ever let him out of their prison? Or lock him up forever? With an attack by Valentine and his army of demons eminent and Idris's survival dependent on Shadowhunters and Downworlders working together will Idris ever be the same again?

My thoughts: THIS WAS EPIC!!! I am so glad my students talked me into reading this series! They were right, it was great. Now that I've read the original trilogy, I can't wait for the movie they started filming this week! Everything worked out just as I had hoped it would by the time this book was done...which made me very happy indeed. I don't want to give anything away just in case I'm not the last person to read this series, but the fact that I literally read a 541 page book in 1 day should say it all! Loved it!

Now I I'll have to get the next two and the prequel series to try as well someday. Also, the covers on all of these are so dang good...PERFECT!


Check out the book trailer from Simon & Schuster I came across...




View all my reviews

Comments