Top 10 Tuesday #18 - Most Vivid Worlds/Settings in Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Books With the Most Vivid Worlds/Settings...

1. Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling 
Go to Hogwarts and attend a Quidditch match--OMG did you see the Golden Snitch? ~ Rachel & Ange

2. Fire by Kristin Cashore
Oh how I long to see Fire's world of Monsters so terribly beautiful that you ache to look upon them, but oh how I wish to be her friend. ~Ange

3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Give me a ticket to the circus, so I can appreciate the magic! ~Rachel

4. The Castor Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
This world of castors, sirens, memories, mystery, lightness, darkness and most importantly a love that transcends everything is vividly gorgeous and I can't wait to see what it looks like in the movie being filmed based on this series! ~Ange

5. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
I've always wanted to ride along with Milo and experience all of the fantastical worlds he drives through, including the Island of Conclusions--I wanted to jump over with him. Hehe... ~Rachel

6. Dark Life by Kat Falls
A deep sea frontier-land, are you kidding me!? How amazing is that! Who wouldn't want to see that? ~Ange

7. The Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede
A wild west with magical creatures--I want to see! ~Rachel

8. The Roar & The Whisper by Emma Clayton
This world! This world! I stubble at explaining and describing these books. They are just so darn good! I get lost in Miki and Ellie's future world fighting along-side them with all of the other impoverished children of what used to be London. ~Ange


9. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
Dark, gothic, blood in the woods, and all too real! Yikes! ~Rachel

10. Velveteen by Daniel Marks
Hunting bad guys in the upper world, possessing bodies, revenge against a murderer, life in the in-between world...how I wanted to join Velvet's kick-butt team in this dark world of death! Watch for this one when it comes out in October! ~Ange




What's on your Top 10 this week?

Comments

  1. I picked The Night Circus and Harry Potter for my list as well. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From all the reviews I've read about The Night Circus it sounds perfect for this list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of yours! Especially Potter (all of it), the Night Circus, and I would love to see Fire bridge sign can't I go now?

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, quite the eclectic list, I love it! I just recently discovered Dark Life and am waiting for it to come at my library. the Night Circus is sitting on my shelf and I haven't read it yet!! I just recently got approved for Unspoken on Netgalley and am really looking forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's a link to mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Night Circus! It's sitting on my shelf too and gorgeous! We are reading it for our book club of teachers. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks of it!

      Delete
  5. Harry Potter's world sounds so fantastic to be a part of. I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry Potter and The Night World are on my list too! I totally want to live in both. Minus the evil people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but minus the evil ppl would the worlds be as exciting? :)

      Delete
  7. Love the list! I've only read the first 3 books you mentioned and loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only one of your books I have read is HP, but I really want to get to The Night Circus soon! Good list!
    Mine: http://immabookworm.blogspot.ca/2012/07/top-ten-most-vivid-worldssettings-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! A lot of books I hadn't seen crop up yet -- Hogwarts aside, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read Harry Potter, but the rest of the worlds sound fantastic! I've heard so many things about the Night Circus and I really want to read it. Great list!

    Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab list! Check out mine here. I had Garcia and Stohl's world in there as well - will definitely check out some of your other recommendations here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harry made my list too. I felt transported to the circus in Water for Elephants. Great choices.
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Water for Elephants was such a vivid story! Great one Angela!

      Delete
  13. You've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Congrats! See here for info: http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES to Harry Potter so much. I couldn't imagine creating this list without ever mentioning the awesomeness that is The Wizarding World. I'm also really fascinated by the world in Beautiful Creatures (which reminds me - I should read the newest book in that series...)

    I've heard amazing things about The Night Circus, and this post only makes me want to read nowww.

    Great list! Here's my top ten list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment