Review: Stopping Time and Old Habits by Melissa Marr

Stopping Time
Author: Melissa Marr
Release date: April 13, 2010
Published by: HarperCollins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


When Leslie walks away from the Dark Court, we are left hanging with so many questions about her. Stopping Time is a glimpse into a small piece of her life after Niall and Irial.


My thoughts: I adored this short story of my favorite characters from the Wicked Lovely series! Leslie, Niall, Irial, oh how I adore them all so much. Plus, I finally got a tiny moment of what I had hoped for with a few of the characters.


If you loved Ink Exchange as much as I did, then you have got to read Stopping Time! You'll want to savor every page.


Author: Melissa Marr
Release date: April 13, 2010
Published by: HarperCollins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Irial hands the Dark Court over to Niall, who becomes the Dark Court's King of Nightmares, whether he wants to be or not. Will he be able to command the Dark Court and strengthen it? After handing over the reigns, what becomes of Irial? Can he truly hand over the reigns?

My thoughts: There are so many questions about Niall and Irial that go unanswered when the Dark Court transitions, but this short story clears up all of your questions while also giving you a serious look inside the world of the Dark Court. And, if you like the kissy, kissy there's plenty of that as well!


Final thoughts: If you like the Wicked Lovely series at all, you'll love these two short stories! They not only give you a ton of closure to certain aspects and relationships, they also allow you one last look into this world of Faerie that's just so dang brilliant! They're available as eBooks only separate or together for under $5. I do have to say that Stopping Time was my favorite though, with my favorite Leslie! Oh how I adore her, her brokenness and of course her tattoo.


View all my reviews

Comments