Review: Fancy Nancy Aspiring Artist by Jane O'Connor

Fancy Nancy: Aspiring Artist 
Author: Jane O'Connor
Illustrator: Robin Priess Glasser
Release date: March 1, 2011
Published by: HarperCollins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When Nancy's best friend, Bree, gets to go on vacation to a REAL art museum, she feels terrible. An art museum sounds SO FANCY and it's in New York City of all places! The most glamorous place of all! When Nancy's mom surprises her with brand new glitter markers and her little sister with crayons inspiration strikes! Nancy begins on an artistic journey while waiting for Bree to get back, which ends in a Local Artist Exhibit right in their very own back yard!


My 7-year-old Mallory's thoughts: I loved this because I want to be an Artist when I grow up! And, I liked ALL her fancy words. I liked all the places she drew in. She was outside a lot. I was surprised that Mrs. DeVine was fancy just like her! Fancy Nancy is the fanciest girl I've ever seen! I loved all the fish drawings. Oh, and I really like when they splashed paint everywhere! I like Lionel's faces he makes. Lionel's such a goofball! I liked Claude Monet's painting the most. I wish I was fancy like Nancy!


My thoughts: I love Fancy Nancy! My girls just hang on every word in her books and on every drawing to see what she's going to say and wear! This one was extra special with all of the information and exposure to great, classic artists and their works which inspire Nancy and her friends. Today after reading this book with them last night I come upstairs to them producing their own performance in the most wild and hilarious outfits! There wasn't a scarf unused! The best part? When I asked what they were I was told "I was a storm! That's why I'm wearing all this black!" and "I'm a rainbow!" These books bring out the most amazing imaginations in children! What more could you ask for in a book!?
and my 7-year-old daughter, Mallory! 
View all my reviews

Comments