Review: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar 
by Kady Cross
Release date: May 22, 2012
Published by: Harlequin Teen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Finley Jayne and her gang of lovelies are at it again! They are bent on saving the day again, specifically Jasper Renn's day after he is quite literally hauled away by bounty hunters right from London to New York City for murder! Will they be able to save Jasper? What if Jasper's guilty? Will they get there in time? The adventure begins when turn the page...so what are you waiting for!?


My thoughts: WICKED GOOD!! After how much I absolutely adored the prequel and book one, I was a bit nervous honestly...what if I didn't like this one!? Well, that was just silly...I LOVED IT! It was so fun to read about places and people of the past in a different past full of inventions and gadgets that didn't really exist until much later or had been torn down already. I really appreciated the bit at the end from Kady Cross explaining a bit of the actual history versus her history! I'm rather curious about Tesla now and might just have to read a biography on him now.


This second book in The Steampunk Chronicles did not disappoint with its gadgets and history all rolled into one. We even get to meet some new characters I hope to see again in the future, especially Wildcat McGuire. Just wait, you'll see. I can't wait for this one to come out so I can buy it for my MHS LMC so the kids can read it too now that I've gushed until so many of them have read book one just to get me to go away I think, and then they come rushing back to me gushing themselves about it! Hehe! Love it! My favorite part of the job!


Final thoughts: Mystery, intrigue, romance, butt-kicking action and adventure...who could ask for more from a book!? Brilliant Kady Cross, just brilliant. I just can't seem to get enough of them and can't wait to see what's in store next time for Finley and her gang of lovelies.
View all my reviews

Comments