Book Trailer Thursday #10- Starters & Darker Still


Book Trailer Thursday is a weekly meme feature inspired by Once Upon a Twilight.We are hoping to promote not only new books that are out or are soon to be out on the shelves, but to also promote the creation of book trailers themselves! Make sure to comment below!

This week’s trailers:

Author: Lissa Price
Release Date: March 13, 2012
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, go on the run, loving as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie's only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills runs by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man.
He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders-seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie's head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator's grandson. It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party-and that Prime Destinations' plans are more evil than Callie could ever have imagined...

Doesn't this sound amazing! And the trailer just creeps me out! Which I love! I can't wait to get my hands on this one!



Darker Still (Magic Most Foul, Book 1)
Author: Leanna Renee Hieber
Release Date: November 8, 2011
Published by: Sourcebooks Fire

I was obsessed.
It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen-everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable... utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.
There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.
I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked-bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. Unless I can free him soon, things will only get Darker Still. 


After watching this trailer, I want to dive right into reading Darker Still. The discordant music in the background creeps me out but really sets the tone for the mystery and danger. I had been a little hesitant to read it because I thought it might scare me if I read it in the dark. Now I know it will! :)


What's your favorite book trailer of the week? 

Comments

  1. Oh, I LOVED the Starters trailer! I won an ARC and got it earlier this week :D You guys are meeting Tahereh Mafi! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment