Top 10 Tuesday #6- Books we'd grab if...

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fantastic crew over at Broke and Bookish. 

Top 10 books we'd grab if our house was about to be abducted by aliens (or any other natural disaster)...
  1. Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster - I would grab this first!  It was my favorite read in 5th grade, and I still read this word-witty adventure about once a year :) (Rachel)
  2. The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross- which I don't actually own yet, but I will ASAP people! It's hard not to gush and gush and gush about this one...it's PERFECT! Kick-butt heroine, amazing characters, tie-ins to many of the great classic syfy books of Stevenson, Wells and Shelley! Seriously my favorite book EVER!! (Ange)
  3. Persuasion by Jane Austen - My favorite Austen book.  The female lead endures through many years of choices influenced by others until, with age and escape from a staid home-life, she takes control of her own future. (Rachel)
  4. Fire by Kristin Cashore- I can't help it, I know I always list this book but it's just one of my all time favorites! It has it all...love, sadness, loneliness, amazing powers...so much! (Ange)
  5. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak- Umm...who wouldn't grab this one? (Rachel)
  6.  Shakespeare's Complete Works - I have a book of ALL of the plays and sonnets which I LOVE and would have to grab! It even looks wicked cool and old. Love it! It's my treasure. I mean, it's Shakespeare! (Ange)
  7. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - Tear jerker!  My first Jodi Picoult read and I loved it.  One of my favorite things is when an author gives me multiple characters' perspectives.  Picoult lets you dive into the minds of every character as they work through the tumultuous time of usurping one daughter's rights in order to keep another daughter alive. (Rachel)
  8. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - this is an amazing book about coming-of-age, racism, morals and values in small-town southern USA. There are just so many elements of this that remind me of who we are as a people in this country both the best of us and the most evil of us. (Ange)
  9. Harry Potter by J. K. Rowlings- (can I grab all seven!?!?) At a minimum I would grab the first book before the aliens got here.  It's the one that sucked me in and made me drool for the next and the next and the next... (Rachel)
  10. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - the 1st one if it has to be only one, but I'm telling you right now it would be all 4 if it came down to it and the aliens were outside our door! Reading them just takes me away and I float afterwards when I've finished them. I don't know what it is, but that's the effect they have on me. (Ange)

What's in your Top 10? Link it below!

Comments

  1. Phantom Tollbooth! Are teachers still reading that book to their classes? I hope so!

    Here's my Top Ten Books I'd Save If My Home Was on Fire.

    I'd like to invite you to sign up for my February Giveaway! Win Paris to the Past or All Kinds of Kisses or a $25 Amazon gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get to Fire really soon - I loved the 1st book in the series and want to get to it before the next one comes out. Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Fire is a definite must! I just LOVE the book. Great list!

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Persuasion... Awesome! Shakespeare... I too have a cool addition... and I so want to read Girl in a Steel Corset. After your gushings, I really want to read it now!

    Hopping by... hope you stop by my Ten Saves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment