Review: Unearthly by Cynthia Hands

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)Unearthly
Author: Cynthia Hand
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
From: purchased NOOK Book
Clara sees the same thing over and over...a boy and a fire.


Who is this boy? Where is this fire? Why is she seeing this?


Easy answer...she's an Angel-blood. Difficult answer...it's her "purpose"


All Angel-bloods have a purpose, a reason they are on this Earth. The deal is, they have to figure out what the mission is: who, what, when, where, and how! When Clara finally gets to look around in the vision and see a license plate, her mother quickly closes up their life in sunny California that she and her brother have only ever known and moves them all to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Now Clara's not only has a very mad brother, a hoovering mother, and a new school with new classes, new friends and new enemies, but now her visions have become more intense and the fire season is nearing.


Will Clara figure out what her purpose is in time?


This one was interesting. Different from anything I've read before! There are Angels (all men) on Earth who have intermixed with human women.
Things I liked:
-the setting! AMAZING mountain views from one of my favorite places in the world!
-Clara and Tucker
-all the fun outdoor adventures
-the mystery
-Angela who was sometimes called "Ange"! I've never seen my nickname anywhere else before! It was wicked cool to see it in a book!


Things that I had a hard time with:
-Christian
-Clara's mom
-the secrets
-the ending!? (you'll see! Tell me what you think when you get there! I wanna know!)
I can't wait to read Hallowed! The reviews are coming out fast and hot now and it sounds like all of my issues will be eased with book 2...here's hoping! I will definately be promoting this one to my students!
View all my reviews

Comments

  1. It is the story of a family who is moving to fulfill a purpose, a destiny that does not necessarily have an end in sight.
    The author creates an amazing new world, a new reality that will engross readers young and old. These pages were beautiful and amazing to read. I loves the flow of the story and the character's interactions with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment