Tricks by Ellen Hopkins

TricksTricks by Ellen Hopkins

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


5 teens looking for love. The love they've never really had in their lives. When they think they've found it, they do everything they can to manipulate life to hold onto it no matter what it costs them. Will it pay off? Will they be able to trick themselves into a happily ever after?
I had a hard time with this one. I've read Hopkins' poetry and love it, follow her on twitter and value her presence, but had a terrible time finding a place for this book that is so full of hate, evil and horrifying decisions. I kept thinking "is this realistic?" But the honest truth is that it probably is and I just don't want to know about it. I have since found out that I have many students in my own schools who live in some of these situations. The question is...how do we save them? Can we? Do they want to be saved? What's next?


View all my reviews

Comments