Liar by Justine Larbalestier

LiarLiar by Justine Larbalestier

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Micah is a liar. She spends her first 2 weeks of high school as a boy after a teacher takes in her name, short hair and flat torso. She tells everyone her father is an international arms dealer after he picks her up at school in a luxury limousine he's reviewing for a magazine. Micah tells us the honest "truth" of her life before and after her secret boyfriend is found dead in Central Park after they ran together the night before. The problem is that once you are completely believing her, she suddenly tells you the "real truth."
I had a hard time getting into this book and then once it got the 2nd part, I didn't even like it anymore! It was well written and done, but the character, Micah, is just a despicable person. I hope that's what Larbalestier wanted because when I finally got the end of the book, I hated Micah and wanted nothing more to do with her. It will be interesting to see what my students think of this book. Will they like it? Will they hate it? Will it intrigue them?

View all my reviews >>

Comments