Waiting on Wednesday #87 - This Song Will Save Your Life & Premeditated

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Leila Sales 
Release Date: September 17, 2013
Published by: Farrar, Straus and Giroux

Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski's strong suit. All throughout her life, she's been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing. (Summary from Goodreads)

Okay, you guys have probably figured out that I like contemporary YA fiction where kids who feel like outcasts and are seen as weird have cool coming-of-age moments. Well, so, here's another one. I know it came out yesterday, but I couldn't resist sharing this new addition to my TBR list!


Release Date: October 8, 2013
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

A week ago, Dinah's cousin Claire cut her wrists.
Five days ago, Dinah found Claire's diary and discovered why.
Three days ago, Dinah stopped crying and came up with a plan.
Two days ago, she ditched her piercings and bleached the black dye from her hair.
Yesterday, knee socks and uniform plaid became a predator's camouflage.
Today, she'll find the boy who broke Claire.
By tomorrow, he'll wish he were dead. (Summary from Goodreads)

WHOA! I'm intrigued...I don't know what it is, but I really need to know what happened here and what will happen!

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. This Song Will Save Your Life was such a great read. I highly recommended it.

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an ARC of This Song Will Save Your Life, but I haven't gotten to read it yet. But it looks really good! Great pick. Please check out my WoW!   And take a look at our giveaway of Hostage Three by Nick Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both on my To-Read lists! Great picks this week!! :)

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want both too! Especially TSWSYL I've been such great things about it. I am book envious of anyone who has read it yet!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have both books on my to-read list and I'm really excited about both. I hope you enjoy reading your picks when they come out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment