Review: The Arrivals by Melissa Marr

The Arrivals 
Author: Melissa Marr
Release date: July 2, 2013
Published by: William Morrow/HarperCollins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jack and Kitty have been keeping the Wasteland safe with the help of the other Arrivals for years, but when one gets killed it never gets easier waiting for them to wake up. That's right...waiting for them to wake up! The Arrivals are different then the natives of the Wasteland. They don't always stay dead when they get killed; usually they wake back up after a few days. Then Chloe appears pulled from her own world and time into the Wasteland just like the other Arrivals before her...will her fate be the same as the others? Or will Jack and Kitty be able to keep her alive? Things seem to be changing...but are they for the better...?

My thoughts: This was the most bizarre book I've read in quite some time! WOW! :) Ok, first things first...THIS IS DEFINITELY AN ADULT BOOK! (IN MY OPINION OF COURSE! Do what you want, but I will NOT be putting this in my school libraries WHOA!!!)

This was very Star Wars meets Firefly for me, but for some reason it dragged on and on as far as my getting through it goes. This is ridiculous when it was by far the shortest book I read this summer. I many others that were twice as long in much shorter time, some even in one day. So, what does that mean? It means that I wasn't a big fan of this book and that it dragged on and on for me sadly. The world was interesting and bizarre, but there just wasn't enough going on often enough for me.

For me it was just ok, and that's ok. Now, I have got to get my hands on Desert Tales...I miss the Wicked Lovely characters so!

View all my reviews

Comments