Review: The Dead-tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2)The Dead-Tossed Waves
Author: Carrie Ryan
From: Purchased
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gabrielle is a rule follower 1st & foremost! She doesn't dream of anything outside the barrier & only hopes to live a normal life like the other kids her age in town. Her mother, with her claims of coming from the forest, her epic love of the ocean & most of all her sailing, does NOT encourage the ideals of normalcy in the minds of the townsfolk Gabry so desperately wants to blend in with. All her dreams are shattered one perfect evening with one bad decision to cross the barrier when a Breaker appears. Everything they've ever known comes crashing down around them with one bite! Will they be able to ignore this evening even happened? Will their be consequences?

I am SO glad I read the 2nd book in this series! Wow! After the 1st one I wasn't sure I was going to be able to talk myself into another one of these. The first was ok, but certainly not my cup of tea. I just couldn't connect with the characters or their world. That was not the case with this one! I LOVE Gabry & cannot wait to find out what Carrie Ryan has in store for us in her 3rd book in The Forest of Hands & Teeth Series! The Dark & Hollow Places here I come! Ready? Set? Go!!

View all my reviews

Comments