Review: The Dark & Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3)The Dark and Hollow Places
Author: Carrie Ryan
From: won a signed ARC from Carrie Ryan through Goodread! She even threw in a postcard of her book with a note! SO COOL!
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Annah has been waiting for Elias for 3 years to return from the Recruiters. A life alone for a young woman in the Dark City is never an easy one. Elias said he'd come for her and she's still waiting. Will he ever return? Now that the rebellion has put the Recruiters in charge without the Protectorate. To keep them in check the city has become more dangerous then ever. Annah is faced with a terrible decision ...stay & wait? Or leave?

This last book in the Forest of Hands & Teeth trilogy was amazing! I mean, ZOMBIES! I can't believe it! Carrie Ryan is amazing at being incredibly real about characters and plot. I felt throughout that these are real decisions people would have to make AND real deterioration that would happen in a society, city, family & relationship.

What gets to me most is the incredible survival characteristic traits in Ryan's main characters! They refused to give up hope when hope was the most dangerous and scary thing they could have. Wow! I can't wait to see what comes next from Carrie Ryan!

If you haven't read these 3 books...do it! I promise it's worth it! They'll make your heart feel alive with living.

View all my reviews

Comments