Now Reading (Listening to)

 Now Reading 

(or actually listening to for this one)
Author: Django Wexler 
Illustrator: Alexander Jansson 
Series: The Forbidden Library, Book 1
Published by: Penguin
Release date: April 1, 2014

Alice always thought fairy tales had happy endings. That--along with everything else--changed the day she met her first fairy

When Alice's father goes down in a shipwreck, she is sent to live with her uncle Geryon--an uncle she's never heard of and knows nothing about. He lives in an enormous manor with a massive library that is off-limits to Alice. But then she meets a talking cat. And even for a rule-follower, when a talking cat sneaks you into a forbidden library and introduces you to an arrogant boy who dares you to open a book, it's hard to resist. Especially if you're a reader to begin with. Soon Alice finds herself INSIDE the book, and the only way out is to defeat the creature imprisoned within.

It seems her uncle is more than he says he is. But then so is Alice. (Summary from Goodreads.com)

I haven't been listening to an audiobook for a while now and was really missing it. I decided to go on SORA the other night and find something. I went to the ribbon with "1st Books In a Series" to find one since I like a good series. This book always looked good to me at MMS and I've had it on my TBR for years now. Each time a new book in the series would come out, I would think the series sounds so good. The books sounded full of mystery and fantasy which is exactly what I like in a book. I thought I might as well give it a try and see if I like it. 

At first the narrator sounded like such a young girl I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stick with it. No worries! It gets better and better as you go along. I'm already on Chapter 12 and it's getting really mysterious and adventurous. I can't wait to see what happens to Alice. Plus, there are CATS as characters in the book!! LOVE IT!! 

What have you been reading? 



Comments