Top 10 Most Unique Books...


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Most Unique Books I've Read...

1. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey 
The creatures in this book were incredibly original I thought. Very cool series! 

2. Sisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross 
This is an alternating POV between twin sisters. One is alive and the other is a ghost. They can see each other and interact in the coolest/creepiest ways. Love this series! 

3. Your Voice Is All I Hear by Leah Scheier
This book is from the POV of a girl who's boyfriend develops schizophrenia. I've never seen a book from this POV in the YA world. I thought it was very well done and needed. 

4. The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller 
One of the main topics in this book is plant hunting. It was fascinating to read about and I've never seen this done in fiction for YA/MG before. I even read a nonfiction book about 10 plants that changed the world afterwards. 

5. Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
I've never read a twist on Dante's Inferno and that's exactly what this is. Loved it! 

6. Missing Jack by Rebecca Elliott
The only book that's sort of like this is an old one from the 80's which is Mr.Roger's talking about loss. This one is told from the POV of a child going through the loss of a pet. It's perfect and a MUCH needed book for children. 

7. This Is My Home, This Is My School by Jonathan Bean
This is about homeschooling and it's done SO well! I've honestly never seen one written before for children and it's told perfectly through the POV of a child living it. Loved this. 

8. Replica by Lauren Oliver 
This book was alternating POVs but put together in a different completely different way then I've read before. You literally have to flip the book back and forth to read each chapter OR read 1 POV and then the other POV. Cool idea. 

9. Unmentionables: the Victorian lady's guide to sex, marriage and manners by Therese Oneill 
SOOO funny and well written. The historical research was incredible and coming from someone who really doesn't care for nonfiction - this was great! 

10. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings 
This was so darn brutal. Very different from anything I've read before. 


What's on your Top 10 this week?

Comments

  1. The only one of these I've read is The Murder Complex, although I never got around to its sequel. Great list! I've got Replica and Labyrinth Lost on my TBR shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Labyrinth Lost, it sounds interesting.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/top-ten-tuesday-102/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the covers for all of these! It does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment